UPDATE: This bill had a public hearing in front of the House Finance committee on February 23rd. This bill was postponed indefinitely.
HB12 1179 is sponsored by Representative Jim Kerr (R-Littleton). Secure PERA opposes this bill. Like last year, it modifies the makeup of the 15-member voting board of trustees of the Public Employees’ Retirement Association (PERA) to be:
- 7 trustees appointed by the Governor and confirmed by the Senate who are not PERA members or retirees and who are experts in certain fields;
- the State Treasurer;
- 2 elected members of the school division, including 1 member who is at least 15 years from retirement eligibility;
- 2 elected members of the state division, including 1 member who is at least 15 years from retirement eligibility;
- 1 elected member of the local government division;
- 1 elected member of the judicial division; and
- 1 elected retiree.