The PERA Board of Trustee Election for 4 seats is now in progress. Your ballot was mailed to you last week if you didn’t receive your ballot or if you threw it away by accident we have instructions for requesting a new ballot at the bottom of this page.
The PERA Board sets the policy for the PERA fund. They make decisions about what legislation to support or oppose as well as setting internal policy like the rate of return or the discount rate. This board works very hard to keep PERA on the right sound financial track and we strongly urge you to return your ballot before the end of May.
Our coalition partner organizations have voted to support the following people in these elections, please note not all seats are up for election and you will only vote in the elections you are eligible for.
- One retiree seat to be elected by the retired members of the School, Local Government, and Judicial Divisions, we recommend:
- Carole Wright – current Chair of the PERA Board of Trustees, retired teacher from Aurora Public Schools
- One seat in the State Division to be elected by the members of that division we recommend:
- Karen Talley – Colorado WINS member, Safety Net Program & Grants Administrator with the Colorado Department of Health Care Policy and Finance
- Two seats in the School Division to be elected by the members of that division, we recommend:
- Scott Noller – Current PERA Board member, Assistant Principal in Colorado Springs School District #11
- Marcus Pennell – Current PERA Board member, a physics teacher in Jefferson County Public Schools
The Coalition and several of our steering committee member organizations have recommended these candidates because they support the shared sacrifice we all made under Senate Bill 1 and have proven to fight for that principal and to protect the defined benefit plan.
Don’t forget to return your ballot in the mail before May 31st, it MUST be postmarked by May 31st to be counted.
If you lose or do not receive a ballot, the deadline for requesting a duplicate ballot is May 23, 2013. Such requests must be in writing and directed to the PERA Director of Internal Audit at 1301 Pennsylvania Street, Denver, CO 80203. Written requests must include name, address, Social Security number, and reason for the request.
Ballots must be postmarked by May 31, 2013.