Below are some suggested points you can make while writing your letter to the editor. If you have any questions about writing a letter to the editor please email us at SecurePERA@gmail.com
1) In an age where retirement security in America is threatened, we should not be disparaging pensions and the secure retirement they provide for thousands of public workers across the state.
2) PERA puts $3.5 billion annually into Colorado’s economy. You can click here to find out how much specifically goes into your County. Retirement security is very important for all Coloradans and without the PERA payments into many of our communities their local economies would suffer greatly.
3) PERA retirees do not receive social security for the time they are a public servant
4) We know that the PERA pension plan is the best for all Coloradans because we have studied it. An independent analysis found that there is no other plan that “provides a more effective level of benefits than the PERA Hybrid plan.” You can read the full study here.
5) PERA retirees and members are committed to the continued success of PERA. When we last made significant changes to the system, through Senate Bill 1, 90% of the burden of those reforms were borne by employees and retirees, not taxpayers.
Please fill out the form below to send a letter to the editor. You will need to select what paper you would like the letter to go. Many papers require your city to publish you letter which is why this is a required field.
If you have any problems with this tool please email us at SecurePERA@gmail.com