Thank you to those of you who could join us down at the Capitol – there were over 100 of you here!
But, the Capitol isn’t easy for everyone to get to so we are also launching our online lobby day.
We haven’t seen the major PERA bill introduced in the Senate yet but we are expecting it any day. When we see it filed we will let you know ASAP via our eblasts. Not signed up? Click here to sign up.
If you would like to learn more about PERA and why we are advocating so hard to protect PERA and the defined benefit plan you can watch a video of our most recent presentation at CU Boulder by clicking here or watching below.
Here are the handouts we went through at the lobby day training.
- A one pager by Secure PERA can be found here.
- PERA benefits by legislative district can be found here.
- What is the difference between a defined benefit and a defined contribution plan? Find out here.
- Where is all of this out of state money that is pushing defined benefit type plans coming from? Find out here.
- Is PERA really that much better than a 401k style plan? See what the report commissioned by the State Legislature said here and if you like infographics better, check this one out.